Kickboxing will not just give your health a one-two punch—it’s more like a 4-6-10 combo. Like most workouts, you’ll break a major sweat while you jab, cross, uppercut and kick—but the benefits of this kind of fitness go well beyond strength and cardio!
- FULL BODY WORKOUT- Your arms are not the only body part getting an amazing workout. Although your arms do a lot of work as they turn, twist, and extend through each punch, your legs will be behind every kick. The muscles in your entire body are recruited to create the force needed to execute these powerful punches & kicks. The power comes from the legs, through the core and then translates out to the arms. With squats, burpees, pushups, situps and lunges as a warm-up, you train head to toe from the start of the class!
- RELIEVE THAT STRESS- A kickboxing working has just as many mental benefits as it does physical benefits. Here you will find a positive outlet to relieve all the built up stress from your day. It’s literally fighting back when life has gotten you down–now that is empowering! Kickboxing is a therapy for your body. You never forget the weightless feeling you have leaving a class!
- BURN MAJOR CALORIES- Kickboxing is a high-impact, high-intensity workout that keeps you constantly in motion. Your heart rate will be raised throughout your session, which means you are constantly burning calories. On average, women burn 500 to 800 calories per class. Calories burned are really dependent on the intensity levels and your individual characteristics.
- INCREASE YOUR ENERGY- You would think you’d be tired after a solid round of kickboxing, but the truth is you might have more energy than before you started. Kickboxing, like many forms of exercise, aids in boosting energy as it increases blood flow to various parts of the body. The surplus of blood flow and overall muscle activation releases hormones that can aid in increasing levels of alertness. Science shows that improved oxygen circulation that comes from exercise helps improve your energy almost instantaneously. Maintaining a regular exercise routine will make daily tasks of everyday life less draining.
- LEARN SELF-DEFENSE- Kickboxing is different from other forms of fitness. Kickboxing utilizes various punching/kicking techniques, essentially teaching you basic self-defense skills. Learning a skill set while working on your fitness is an incredible way to spark self-confidence.